University of Scouting
University of Scouting is a one day supplemental training opportunity for all adults and youth( 12 and above) covering General courses (applicable to all programs), courses related to Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Venturing programs, and courses aimed toward youth leaders in Troops and/or Crews. Whether you are new to scouting or a veteran of many years, this event provides a wide range of courses from which to choose and a fun opportunity to connect with others in the scouting community across Seneca Waterways Council.
Date: Saturday, March 3, 2018
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology (RIT) Lowenthal Road entrance, Rochester, NY 144623
Building: Lyndon Baines Johnson (LBJ #60) on RIT's NTID campus.
Parking: Lot L
Registration: $15.00 per person by 9:00AM February 15, 2018.
Walk Ins: $20.00 per person after 9:00AM February 15, 2018, at the event.
For Walk Ins, courses/trainings offerings are based on pre-registrations.
Registration Link: https://www.kintera.org/AutoGen/Register/ECReg.asp?ievent=1178156
Schedule of Events:
- 7:30 AM - Registration Begins
- 8:30 AM - Opening
- 9:15 AM - Courses Begin
- 4:30 PM - University of Scouting Ends
University of Scouting Colleges (Areas of Concentration):
- College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from pack administration to planning for an outdoor program.
- College of Boy Scouting provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental course to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- College of Venturing is an interesting combination of courses for those who wish to learn more about Scouting's' senior' level program to enabling youth to either learn leadership skills applicable to advancement or for crew program planning.
- College of General Studies offers many elective courses that cut across all the program areas. Just about everything from tips, skill learning and practice to using technology can be found here to help build your confidence as a leader or scout parent.
- College of Youth Leadership offers a variety of course to help Youth Leaders/Scouts, ages 12 and up, develop their leadership, scouting skills or knowledge in a wide variety of topics.
What about Leader-Specific Training required for registered positions? Since most BSA basic leader training courses are now offered online, they will generally not be offered at University of Scouting this year (exception is Youth Protection, which will be offered). Scouters needing help with online courses will have an opportunity to use a small computer lab to take their needed online courses with experienced Scouters available to assist them as needed. Space is limited.
Online Registration Concerns: More information and a course listing is available as a printable PDF on the right.
Any other questions, please feel free to email us at UofS@SenecaWaterways.org.
Looking forward to seeing you in March.
-University of Scouting Team