The Tour and Activity Plan
The tour and activity plan is a planning tool for best practices to be prepared for safe and fun adventure. Completing the plan may not address all possible challenges, but it can help ensure that appropriate planning has been conducted, that qualified and trained leadership is in place, and that the right equipment is available for the adventure.
In addition, the plan helps to organize safe and appropriate transportation to and from an event, and defines driver qualifications and minimum limits of insurance coverage for drivers and vehicles used to transport participants.
Please complete and submit this plan at least 21 days in advance (check with your local council) to ensure your council has enough time to review the plan and assist as necessary.
The Tour and Activity Plan process is completely online, making it easier and more efficient for units to submit their tour plan requests.
In order to complete the new form, an adult leader of the unit must first login to or create an account at http://myscouting.org.
Not seeing tour plans in your myscouting.org account? Be sure that your membership ID number is linked to your profile in your myscouting.org account. Also please view this list that shows what positions have access to tour plan submission.
View the tutorial video (Tour and Activity Plan training video) for assistance in how to complete the form.
When must a Tour and Activity Plan be submitted for council review?
- Trips of 500 miles or more; or
- Trips outside of council borders (excluding trips to Massawepie Summer Camp); or
- Trips to any national high-adventure base, National Scout jamboree, National Order of the Arrow Conference, the Summit Bechtel Reserve, or a regionally sponsored event; or
- When conducting any of the following activities outside of council or district events:
- Any aquatics activities (swimming, boating, floating, scuba, etc.)
- Any climbing and rappelling
- Any orientation flights (process flying plan)
- Any shooting sports
- Any activities involving motorized vehicles as part of the program (snowmobiles, boating, etc.); or
- Trips to other council property
Tour plans can be accessed through the national website: http://my.scouting.org.
If you need assistance with your myscouting.org account, please contact the national office help desk at 972-580-2267. The Seneca Waterways Council does not have the ability to reset passwords or support the national myscouting.org site.
If you have additional questions or need assistance with a tour plan, please contact a Seneca Waterways Council Customer Service Representative at 585-244-4210 or email email@example.com .
|Customer Service Representative||Susie Pompeii||(585) 244-4210|