Scouting University Extravaganza
Scouting University Extravaganza (SUE) is a supplemental training opportunity for all adult Scout leaders with a few leadership courses aimed toward youth leaders in Troops and/or Crews. It is the only time during the year where you can find, all in one place, the widest variety of training opportunities for the different Boy Scouts of America program areas. Whether you are new to the program or a veteran of many years, this Extravaganza provides interesting courses in Cub Scouting, Boy Scouting, Venturing, Leadership Training and General Studies courses applicable across all the Scouting programs.
Date: Saturday, March 4, 2017
Location: Rochester Institute of Technology, Gosnell/ Gleason Building
Registration: $20 per person by February 25, 2017
After February 25, 2017 - $25 per person up until the event
Schedule of Events:
- 7:30 A.M. - Registration Begins
- 8:00 A.M. - Courses Begin
- 12:00 P.M. - Lunch Hour
- 4:00 P.M. - SUE Ends
Scouting University Extravaganza Colleges (Areas of Concentration):
- College of Cub Scouting provides a wide variety of courses from pack administration to planning for an outdoor program.
- College of Boy Scouting provides an exciting variety of troop, patrol and outdoor planning supplemental courses to help manage the challenges of a great troop experience.
- College of Venturing is an interesting combination of courses for those who are wish to learn more about Scouting’s “senior” level program.
- College of General Studies offers many elective courses that cut across all the program areas. Just about everything from tips, skill learning and practice to using technology can be found here to help build your confidence as a leader or scout parent.
- College of Youth Leadership offers a variety of courses to help youth leaders/scouts, ages 12 and up, develop their leadership, scouting skills or knowledge in a wide range of topics.
Most BSA basic leader training courses will be offered throughout the day for those curious souls wanting to learn about individual BSA programs or develop confidence in their leadership skills and/or begin the journey of joining the adult leadership ranks to help in their units and/or scout.