About Camp Pioneer at Massawepie Scout Camps
About Camp Pioneer at Massawepie…
Camp Pioneer is the traditional Boy Scout summer camp at Massawepie Scout Camps. Camp Pioneer features a superb staff providing merit badge and program opportunities. Younger Scouts will find plenty of advancement opportunities, including the TrailBlazer program for first year campers. Or use Massawepie as your base camp for a wide variety of canoe and backpacking treks throughout the 2.5 million acres of forever wild Adirondack Forest Preserve.
Camp Pioneer offers both patrol cooking and dining hall camping. The distinctive combination of a wilderness setting, friendly and experienced staff, state of the art facilities, and innovative programs makes Massawepie one of the crown jewels of Boy Scout camping.
You will not want to miss Massawepie’s unique honor camper program, BarkEater.
BarkEaters who have earned the first, second, third or fourth level BarkEater recognitions will be eligible to earn the next appropriate level. Scouts and Scouters new to Massawepie this summer will be able to work on the first year BarkEater recognition:
- A program that builds on itself through five summers at camp.
- Special progressive recognition for each of the five summers.
- Distinctive ceremonies, the likes of which have not been experienced in this region.
- A greater understanding of Adirondack and Massawepie history and lore.
- Elements that reinforce the aims and ideals of Scouting.
Join us this summer and be a part of the “Adventure of a Lifetime!”
|Council Program Director (acting)||Chris Guarniere||(585) 241-8570|