2017 Campership Application Information
Key Information about the Seneca Waterways Council Campership Process:
- Complete this application and return it to the Scout Service Center or go online to the SWC website to complete an online application at www.senecawaterways.org/camperships by March 1st 2017.
- Please use a separate application for each scout.
- Applications with Missing information will not be considered.
- Application received after March 1 will be considered but funding may be limited and notifications may be after the early bird deadline has passed.
- The Scout must be listed on the Unit’s online registration roster. Please check with the unit leader to check the roster. If the Scout is not on the roster, the unit leader can add him. Credits can not be applied for camperships if not listed on the roster.
- Families applying for camperships must follow the camp payment deadline dates. The deposits and/or payments in full, minus the campership, must be paid by the required dates to qualify for early, regular or late rates. Only Scouts with applications received by March 1 will be locked in to early bird rates for their camp.
- Camperships that are awarded may be up to 50% of the cost of camp. Not all families that apply will be awarded a camperships by the committee.
- All paper forms turned in will be entered into our online form to be recorded in the consideration database. When entered into the database a copy of the application will be sent to the unit leader e-mail address listed on the form when the application is entered and to the family e-mail address.
The Seneca Waterways Council Campership Committee will review applications and make awards of a percent of the early bird camp fee from 0% - 50%. All data requested on the campership form is considered when applications are reviewed and missing information can negatively affect the award allocation. Please be sure to take the time to explain the need as the campership committee will use your narrative to finalize the allocation. Not all families that apply for assistance will receive an allocation from the committee.
Families requesting campership assistance must meet the payment deadlines for the camp in order to qualify for early bird, regular or late pricing. Camp early bird payment deadlines are in April and Scouts must be paid in full, minus the campership award allocation, in order to qualify for early bird pricing. Scouts not paid in full, minus the campership allocation, by the camps early bird deadline would attend camp at the regular registration rate or late registration rate based on when payment is received.
Campership review is performed in the strictest of confidence by a volunteer committee. Camperships award notices will be e-mailed to the family and their unit leaders based on the information provided.
How to Apply:
The preference is that forms should be completed online to ensure immediate entry into the consideration database.
Enter the information for your application online instantly into the consideration database. You will get a confirmation e-mail that your application has been entered. Unit Leaders also get a copy of the application that is submitted.
Click here to enter information online: 2017 Online Campership Application
If a paper application is necessary, paper forms should be sent to by February 27 so that they can be entered into the consideration database by the March 1 deadline.
Seneca Waterways Council
2320 Brighton-Henrietta Town Line Rd
Rochester, NY 14623
Note: All paper forms will be entered into the online consideration database. An e-mail will be sent to the family e-mail and unit leader e-mail with a PDF copy of the online application.