Shooting Sports Expedition Camp
EXPEDITION CAMPS 2017
July 30th – August 4th
Shooting Sports Expedition Camp is for individuals looking to master their marksmanship skills, become an expert in firearm safety, and take their aim at a variety of creative targets. NRA Master Instructors will lead small squads through hands-on personal instruction in shooting and firearm safety. Participants can expect to refine their accuracy and proficiency with shooting and come away with a deeper understanding of the Shooting Sports. Staff will support your interest in requirements leading to the Venturing Ranger Award or to Marksman and Pro-Marksman Patches.
- Trap and Skeet shoot on a Trip to Ovid Gun Club
- Complete Hunter Safety Course
- TOP SHOT Championship
Program elements include rotating between shooting at Rifle, Shotgun, and Archery, have an opportunity to complete the NYS Hunter Safety and Bow course, and a series of individual and group competitions leading to a championship competition for the coveted TOP SHOT trophy. Participants will camp in a tent campsite and will have prepared meals in the dining hall.
There is no better way to master your shooting skills than with the Shooting Sports Master Expedition Camp.
Expedition Camps are for individuals seeking a focused program in one of the following areas. Open to CO-ED registration up to age 21, Babcock-Hovey Expedition Camps are designed to refine your skills, challenge your limits, and develop a deeper understanding of Scouting’s core values.
$400 for Expedition Programs
- $50 DISCOUNT for Scouts already attending a 2017 Seneca Waterways Council Boy Scout Summer Camp
- $50 DISCOUNT for Early Bird Registration Deposit by May 1st and Payment in Full by June 1st
- Bring seven members and pay for the price of five. Must be registered in the same troop and register together.